You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘beginnings’ tag.
Last year was rough, probably one of the harder years in my life so far. I managed to get through it, some days I’m not sure how but it’s over now and hopefully this year will be better.
I don’t generally do New Year Resolutions because I feel that they set me up for failure and I’m already good enough at screwing things up on my own. But I also believe in the power of intention and putting those intentions out into the universe to take root. Right now, the current year is a blank slate, what it will become is in large part up to me. So I can choose to allow last year’s patterns to continue or I can choose to make something new and different.
This year my intentions are to focus on making my physical space somewhere I want to be, to feed my spirit by allowing time for things that bring me joy, and to let my creative juices flow. To do this I will:
- Paint at least 2 rooms in my house this year.
- Start gathering photos/frames for the family photo wall
- Set aside project time every week for the creation of things that bring me joy, not just things that are needed (but if making necessary things also brings me joy–that’s a bonus)
- Set aside time at least once a month for activities that have no purpose other than enjoyment.
- Clear my physical space of those things I no longer need or want to make room for those things that will come into my life this year.
It seems fitting that this would start as the old year dies and the new year is born. For many people, today is a day to celebrate with friends and family while remembering the events of the past 12 months. This past year has brought me much growth and many new insights about myself and the world around me.My goal is to use this space to remind myself of the little things that can be done to make every day a little special and to provide a minute of pampering in my otherwise busy life.
It’s a cold day here so we are starting our celebration with a lovely mug of hot cocoa. Today’s flavor is Ghirardelli Chocolate Hazlenut Cocoa. For an extra special indulgence, we make it with half and half as well as milk and top with marshmallows or whipped cream and cocoa powder and cinnamon.